Here is your fight size update for Sunday, February 19, 2023:
- Logan Paul, who cost Seth Rollins the WWE United States Title at Elimination Chamber, praised Montez Ford as the MVP. It was Ford's injury that give Paul an opening to get into the cage.
Montez Ford the real mvp— Logan Paul (@LoganPaul) February 19, 2023
- Bayley was in attendance for Mercedes Mone's big moment at NJPW Battle in the Valley
This photo is one of the MOST WHOLESOME shots of 2023.— Dark Puroresu Flowsion (@PuroresuFlow) February 19, 2023
Mercedes Mone x Bayley pic.twitter.com/9olhr4enOb
- Asuka made women's wrestling history at WWE Elimination Chamber:
- NASCAR Cup Champion Joey Logano found the Gold WWE Championship that belongs to Snoop Dogg.
- On Instagram, Edge reflected on his Elimination Chamber win alongside Beth Phoenix and looks ahead to WWE Raw:
What a night. Performing in Montreal for the first time in 16 years. With my badass, kickass, sweetass(yeah I said it) wife. Who hadn’t had a match in 13 months and performed a Shatter Machine with me. A move we never tried before. On a live PLE. But that’s Beth. Thank you Montreal. Hearing you sing Metalingus and your love for us is something I’ll always take with me. Alright on to Ottawa, Austin Theory and winning the US Title.
- Jamie Hayter was the latest guest on Hey! (EW) with RJ City. Fans can watch the video here.
- Love Wrestling Interviews: Austin Theory
- Watch - Roman Reigns DEFEATS Sami Zayn, Mecedes Moné IWGP Women's Champ! After The Week w/ Denise & Will
- Comedian and actor Richard Belzer's passing at the age of 78 was announced today. In 1985, on his Hot Properties talk show, Hulk Hogan knocked out Belzer with a front facelock. Belzer later sued Hogan and used the compensation to buy a home in France and named it Chez Hogan.
- Johnny Gargano reflects on standing toe-to-toe with Seth “Freakin” Rollins and found a spark of hope within the Elimination Chamber match
- All Elite Wrestling stars join Ethan Page for an unforgettable Toy Hunt! Danhausen, Evil Uno & Alex Reynolds of Dark Order, Alex Abrahantes and Luther & Serpentico help make this one of the most emotional and memorable Toy Hunts yet.
- San Antonio will host the inaugural XFL Championship Game:
The XFL announced today that the Alamodome, home of the San Antonio Brahmas, has been selected as the host site of its inaugural XFL Championship Game. The XFL’s ownership group – Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson, and Gerry Cardinale of RedBird Capital – made the announcement before the San Antonio Brahmas home opener against the St. Louis Battlehawks.
The XFL Championship Game will be played on May 13 at 8 p.m. ET and will be broadcasted on ABC.
"We are thrilled to announce that San Antonio and the Alamodome will be the host of this season’s inaugural Championship Game," said Dany Garcia, Chairwoman and Owner. “I have been so impressed by the level of enthusiasm and commitment from the fans in San Antonio. We can't wait to bring together the best of the XFL North and XFL South to compete for the Championship title in an event that will celebrate our players, coaches, and the revival of professional football in San Antonio."
“Our inaugural XFL season is officially rolling with our eight teams showing out and representing the passionate fans of their cities,” said Dwayne Johnson, Owner. “From now through May, our athletes have their eyes set on the Championship game and we’re pumped to bring this historic event to the Alamodome. Plus, on a very personal note, I started my wrestling career in San Antonio, specifically at the Alamodome. This was my very first Royal Rumble. The city, the fans - San Antonio and the state of Texas helped shape my career.”
San Antonio was announced as one of eight cities hosting an XFL team at a press conference on July 24 in Arlington, TX.
“We are proud to partner with Mayor Nirenberg and the Alamodome to bring our inaugural championship to this great city,” said XFL President Russ Brandon. “San Antonio knows how to host big events and it will be exciting to see the League’s two best teams come together here to celebrate the XFL.”
“San Antonio is the perfect spot for the XFL’s inaugural championship game, and we are more than ready to host this exciting event,” said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. “From the Alamo to the Riverwalk to the city’s burgeoning culinary scene, XFL fans will have an array of fantastic entertainment options for championship weekend in San Antonio.”
“The Alamodome is built for sports’ biggest championships, from Final Fours to bowl games, so hosting the XFL title game here is a perfect fit,” said Steve Zito, Interim Assistant Executive Director for San Antonio’s Convention Sports & Facilities Department. “For 30 years, the Dome has been home to many of football’s biggest moments and memories, and we couldn’t be happier to host so many more on one of the sport’s biggest stages.”
Additional details for the XFL Championship Game, including ticket information, will be announced at a later date.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- WWE's A&E programming returns tonight with the premiere of new episodes of WWE Legends Biography as well as the premiere of the second season of WWE Rivals. In celebration A&E will host a marathon of WWE content:
1 PM - WWE Rivals: Steve Austin vs. The Rock.
2 PM - Biography: Steve Austin.
4 PM - Biography: Lex Luger.
6 PM - Biography: Bill Goldberg.
8 PM - PREMIERE: Biography: The NWO - "Hulk Hogan joins Scott Hall and Kevin Nash to form a group of villains called the New World Order, which becomes the most influential faction in the history of sports entertainment and has fans cheering for the bad guys."
10 PM - PREMIERE: WWE Rivals: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant - "The main event at WrestleMania III between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant cements wrestling's place in pop culture history; Freddie Prinze Jr. leads a roundtable discussion with Booker T, Natalya, D-Von Dudley and JBL."
11 PM - WWE Rivals: WCW vs. the WWF.
- The business of WWE Elimination Chamber Wrestlenomics Radio